The time has come! Our reopening plan has been approved by the Kingdom. This plan is in effect through July 11. Thank you all for your patience as we reopen and please bear with us as we iron out any kinks in the system. What follows are the guidelines for reopening, I know that it seems like a lot, but it is where we will start. Some of these restrictions may ease on our next renewal. Please read everything fully and completely. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. And then…I’ll see you next Sunday!
Yours in Service to the Dream,
Madame Adelaisa Bernois
As we restart practices we have several guidelines that will need to be in place:
– Monday evenings at 6 pm, a link will be posted on our Baronial website to pre-register for the upcoming week’s practice. You will need to pre-register EVERY week you wish to attend, no registrations will be rolled over.
– Registration closes either when all tickets are claimed, or midnight Saturday night preceding practice, whichever comes first.
– You will need to register separately for Archery and Fighter practice. You can attend both, but it requires two registrations.
– Please be considerate of the rest of the populace, do not pre register if you are not going to attend, and do not take more tickets that you need.
– Each person/family group should register themselves. Please do not register for your friends/households/etc because “you know they will want to go”.
– Every person, no matter their age will need to register and have a ticket to attend practice.
– Dragonsspine practices are open to only populace living in the Barony at this time.
– When arriving at practice you will need to check in with the Seneschal or her representative.
– No day board, water-bearing, or food of any kind shall be provided by event staff or attendees to other attendees. All attendees must provide their own food and beverages.
– While consuming any food or beverages, attendees are required to remain stationary and follow social distancing rules.
The following capacity restrictions are in place:
– Archery: 25 people to include spectators
– Fighter Practice:
— 15 rapier fighters
— 10 heavy fighters
— 25 populace/spectators
— If you do not have a fighting ticket, you will not be able to fight that week, but you can still attend as a spectator if there are tickets available.
If you arrive at practice without a ticket, you will be turned away. If you refuse the leave, or attempt to set up your own practice nearby, the entire fighter practice will be closed down, and you will not be allowed to attend for two weeks.
Masks that fully cover the mouth and nose must be worn by all attendees over the age of 4 at all times and during all activities except for eating and drinking. If you refuse to wear a mask you will be asked to leave and not be allowed to attend for two weeks.
The only loaner gear that will be available during this phase of our reopening are bows and arrows for archery and weapons and shields for heavy/rapier. No armor, gloves, bracers, masks, etc will be lent by the Barony. If you are new, still come… there is slow work we can still do! 😀
By registering for and attending this event, you are confirming that you (as well as any minors that you are parent or guardian for):
Are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov, including but not limited to:
– Fever or chills
– Dry cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
– Muscle or body aches
– New loss of sense of taste or smell;
– Have not been near someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 within the last 14 days without following CDC guidance for self-quarantine;
– Agree to follow all COVID safety restrictions imposed by the SCA, the event site, and/or
– local, state, provincial, or federal government or health authorities.